Friday’s checklist: 1. Get purposed to.
2. Watch something written by Moffett
3. Hang out with geek friends.
4. Receive a very special gift.
5. Revisit an old Halo game produced by Bungie
6. Enjoy 2 meals with beans.
7. Talk about Canada and Canadians
8. Got cuddles from buddies
9. Played some Truth or Dare.
10. Wrote an entire 5 page philosophy paper with 6 sources.
11. Read CollegeHumor articles for an hour
12. Watched sci-fi with my brother.
13. Entertained thoughts of moving far away
1. Give presentation to class
2. Hand in 8 page final paper for Philosophy
3. Try and enjoy other kinda crappy presentations given by 5 other class mates.
4. Eat a lot of munchins for lunch instead of real food
5. forget to eat real food or drink water because you are an screen addict
6. Text a friend all day arguing about band names.
7. Be asked by a friend to sext
8. Decline politely
9. Try to focus on math
11. Plan to arrive at Bestfriend’s house at 2 am and fall asleep with her cats.
12. Listen to brother sing Queen
13. Clean desk, kitchen, living room, bathroom, and bed room.
14. Forget to remember what you reminded yourself to do.
15. Write a pointless list about this because you needed to update your blog….
17. Forget how to format MLA style.
18. Reading Herodotus because good memories are nice to have
19. Organize poetry collections
20. Sing to a friend.
21. Cover the stain on sealing that looks like a penis with a poster of Master Chief from Halo.
22. Realize that is the third poster of him in your room.
23. Wear the tardis dress because its the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who.
24. Give up
What is this concept of normalcy? I have had such a problem with it. Maybe because I am a homeschooling blonde girl that skipped 8th grade.. (these things making me a cultural minority) with a personality that is captured by only 7% of the America’s. Does this mean I am “ordinary” or is there truly an “ordinary” figure that we all hold in our heads and compare one another to? Who is this “ordinary” person?
I believe there is a cultural figure, for every place, that compasses its “norms”. For example, if you lived in a fishing town, the normal thing for you to do was to become a fisher man, get married have children and then the cycle repeats. No one steps out of line, it is just a continuation of the generation. Where I live there isn’t exactly one career as the example. I mean to say, that it is easier to be excepted by your peers if you are a brunet, with brown eyes, comfortable figure, and just enough confidence to be yourself as much as your peers grant you. Don’t forget, you also must follow trends, such as popular clothing, music, and TV shows that a lot of other girls are watching.
Profile of the “average” girl ages 13-18:
1. 5′ 3″
2. Shops at: American Eagle, Aerie, Forever 21, and Spencer’s.
3. Watches: Pretty little Liars, American Idol, (pick some other one’s cus I got no idea for a third)
4. Wear’s: Uggs boot/slipper thingy’s, North Face coat, and PINK yoga pants. (that was super easy cus I see EVERYONE wearing this. WTF? get some individuality…I don’t hate these companies, sure they are warm slippers, or coats or pants, but 1,000 girls all wearing the same things…..anyone think this is a little… apocalyptic, no?)
…I sense a pattern here.
This is what is condoned in a certain miniature world, one a don’t dwell in. I dwell in the Nerd/Geek world. MEGA dwell there… My peers would except me no matter what I looked like as long a I knew what a Dalek, a Creeper, a Dragonborn, and a Wookie was.
How my peers judge who to chill with:
1. Plays any one or all of these: Minecraft, Halo, Assassin’s Creed, Skyrim, League of Legends, and Call of Duty.
2. Watches any one or all of these: Doctor Who, Star Trek, Star Wars, Star Gate, Battle Star Gallactica, Fire Fly, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, and Sherlock,
3. Has at least one poster of or collectables/t shirt of: Halo gaming(I have 3 posters), Mine craft gaming, Doctor Who screw diver (my friend has one), Star trek t-shirt (my friend has one), Star Wars T-shirt (I have one haha) Buffy costume (have one),
4. knows about or has seen a web series such as: The Guild, Red VS Blue, The Gaming Academy, Tobuscus Animated Adventures
5. Can sing: The Hobbit’s song of home, I can swing my sword by Tobuscus, The Assassin’s Creed Literal Trailer, Hum the Doctor theme, Hum the Buffy Theme, has playlist of Minecraft music, can play the Halo music on the piano.
It’s harder to be a nerd if you write a list like this, but its so easy because it comes naturally. hahaha. I love being a nerd. Forget Cultural norms.
1. I planned out my birthday outfit 5 days in advance.
2. A few weeks ago I felt inspired by colored hairspray and went on a rampage and sprayed my whole head black, took pictures, posted them on FB and freaked everyone out. then I did the same with pink immediately after…my hair was SO clean after that. I probably shampooed my hair around 5 times.
3. I cry when my hormones flair up for almost no reason.
4. My laptop sticker that says “Freedom” is from a stamp sheet.
5. I don’t know how many people have seen me with just a bra, I can’t count anymore.
6. Hold ’em tight texts me at 1 am and we talk about masturbating. Yup. Teenagers. I never thought the day would come.
7. My dad thinks I sleep with everyone from my school, including all of my best guy friends from outside of school… smoker you the most.
8. This notion stated above has spread so wide Mr. Teacher and my entire school compare me with The Wife Of Bath from Chaucer and Clytemnestra.
9. I think that’s cool in all, just what exact traits? I would not want to fate myself into having 5 bad husbands and a husband that sacrifices my daughter so he can have a good journey, then gets killed by my son.. That would be really uncool.
10. I hate who I am attracted too. The guys I have chemistry with are Manwhores. What does that say about me? aw, fuck it means I am there pimp! What is this sorcery?
11. okay, okay, maybe its not that bad…. (don’t lie to yourself Zany, it really is that bad..)
12. Dafuq is happening to me?!?!?!?!
13. Don’t answer that I already know,
14. INSANITY. HYSTERIA. I AM LOSING IT! HA HA!.
15….k calm down. It’s chill.
16. Its freaking highschool. What I am gonna do? SURVIVE.
17. This is really getting out of hand….On one side, my girls friends say: “OMG STFU Zany, you need to stop obsessing and just, *tosses really long hair and checks how nails look* just like um stop. Don’t get involved.” *they go and make out with their boyfriend. they didn’t even let me evaluate or tell me they even met them before dating.* And the boys are saying: “Oh you should just breath, go hook up with some dude, don’t care about it. threesome? PLEASE?” *begs for hours*
18. Anyone seeing a pattern here?
19. See why I am confused NOW?
20. Yeah. FML. I am gonna go watch Doctor Who, play minecraft, and keep writing shit….and pray that everything will turn out. *straight A’s straight A’s… please!*