The Happiness of meeting again after a long time
There are lots of ways that people can be separated. Whether “separate” meaning ending of a relationship, friendship, or bond; or meaning separated by distance and time rather than breaking off that relationship, being apart is painful.
I’ve had friends all over the world, some which I’ve been able to see yearly or more and others that I have never seen.
I have friends I’ve grown up with that became the closest and most important people in my life graduate high school and go far away for college. It hurt to be apart from them. It hurt to lose the physical connection we had and to lose the fulfilling meetings we used to have regularly. But we had retrouvailles when we were finally able to get together during summer, winter, and spring breaks.
Separation changes relationships and changes people. Communication and visiting become more special, but also more difficult. Talking to one another can become a chore, or become monotonous because the same questions are always being asked. “How was your day?” “What did you do?” “How is everyone back home?” “How is school?” “What are your classes like?”‘How was work?”. After a while it feels like there is nothing more to say over the phone or via text.
It feels like the distance between the two of you is prying a wedge between you even more than you thought it would.
It’s costly on everyone in many ways. Seeing friends means gas money, spending money for activities, and food. Seeing friends means a plane ticket home or to them, expenses of travel and the like.
Being apart from friends means you might make new friends and lose those friends, or the flux of new friends is whittled down to the ones that you actually like talking to you, rather than the ones which are just convenient to converse with. The difference between a study buddy and a real pal. It costs time and effort to be happy, to stay happy, and to preserve the happiness that you have with those you love most in the world.
The hardest part about these expenses, is making sure they are worth it, and remain worth it.
Something being worth your time is far from something which is just convenient. Although, convenience does assist in keeping things that are worth your time.
Convenience is having a neighbor that you can barrow things from politely and they have the same relationship with you, but you wouldn’t invite them over for a heart-to-heart about your dying uncle and the struggles of cancer in your family.
The kind of person you invite over for that serious conversation who thinks you are worth their time is the friend that maybe it isn’t all that convenient for them to see you. That’s why it is special when you see each other, because when you do, both of you have planned that chat, that cup of tea or coffee, that special meeting spot, or the favorite seats in your living room. The date’s been on your calendar and it has been something the two of you texted about for weeks. Making sure both could be there around the same time, prepared and with lots to say.
But also with this best friend, you don’t always need something to talk about. Silence can convey what you need it to as well. Because sometimes all you can say is “I’m so glad you are here,” with me because I need you and you are worth it and I love being with you because I love you.
And you know they are thinking the same thing and don’t need to say it.
Harmony in the those moments of retrouvailles.
1. Some how reacquaint myself with Alejandro
2. Get more people to accidentally flirt with
3. Cuddle with everyone
4. Fail an audition
5. Environmental Science class is still not accomplishing anything
6.English Composition II is still not accomplishing anything
7. Be annoyed by my ENG II teacher
8. Talk to Dr. Teacher
9. Send love notes
10. Get rejected
11. Cry pitifully to oneself during class
12. Throw papers manically.
13. Throw oneself onto couch in desparity
14. Devise evil plans
15. Watch stupid videos
16. Facebook too much
17. Listen to depressing music
18. Argue with That Pirate Kid
19. Get Married
20. Disappoint my father
21. Dont drive
22. Drink a lot of tea
23. Microwave a lot of tea and meals
24. Eat alone
25. SHIT TON OF MOISTURIZER
26. LIP BALM
27. Have cold hands
28. Play guitar till my fingers almost bleed and my hand falls asleep.
30. Try to forget
31. Get depressed by the holidays
32. Cancel New Year’s Eve Party because I hate everyone
33. Unfriend a lot of people on facebook like a pro
34. Go shopping.
35. Video game therapy.
36. Block people on Xbox
37. Make new friends
38. Scrap four blog posts.
39. Pretend to do work .
40. Write long lists.
41. Go to Church
42. Send this link to people
So maybe I’m not motivated at all to do things like:
1. finished the last 11 chapters of my Algebra 2 book.
2. Study for the ACT.
3. Be polite to certain individuals.
4. Learn how to control my emotions.
And all these things, I really need to do.
I need to finish my Algebra in order to graduate from high school. I need to study for the ACT in order to get good grades so I can apply to schools that are worth my time.
And another thing.
I’m feeling really useless. I’m feeling like nothing matters. I’m feeling like no matter how much I study, how much I learn, how much money my parents spend on my education, I will never be good enough. Doesn’t matter exactly what I’m “not good enough” for, but that I’ll never get there anyway.
Or maybe, I’m just hitting the cusp of my teen angst and there is no looking back now. Maybe these are my defining moments and I need to make the best of my algebra 2 and ACT while I still have time, or maybe this is just the end for you my friend. (New Found Glory). Sometimes I have a better hold of what I’m trying to say while I’m typing than when it actually is read… Context is all there is in my brain.
Then I heard this song, Selfless by New Found Glory, and they say “I’ll catch up on my sleep when I’m dead.” I really appreciate this. I dont get very much sleep anyways, since I think very well between 9pm and 2 am, but also that I like to get up at 9 and still enjoy a morning cup of tea and feel the morning breeze and listen to the birds. I dont want to miss any second of the day, which means I dont want to be sleeping through the wee hours of the morning/night.
1. Not know how to feel about who you had lunch with.
2. On one hand, they were acting fine, being fine, treating others kindly.
3. But on the other, they are also all those people you can’t seem to form a proper opinion of.
4. Question the definition of “proper”.
5. Environmental Issues was canceled so I made friends with my classmates in our empty time.
6. Reveal more about oneself’s life and hear about others more than you thought you should.
7. Here about That Pirate Kid’s strange summer sex.
8. Try not to look at The Fucking fuck face.
9. Be instructed by Dr. Teacher to contact Teemo.
10. Regret ever telling Dr. Teacher I still had his number.
11. Have bloodshot eyes, all day, errrday.
12. Be concerned about my own two-faced actions,
13. I hate bisexual girls.
14. Why can’t they make up their minds?
15. I need better friends.
16. Crush on someone
17. Become irrevocably disappointed in me.
18. Forget to reschedule counseling.
19. Don’t tell the therapist about You’re In Fucking California X’s return……
20. Try to forget about it.
21. Cry because he doesn’t want to talk about it
22. Wonder why we have to “talk” about these things.
23. Forget exactly why I keep feeling this way.
24. Psychoanalyze self.
25. Remember that I like philosophy better.
26. Philosophize about why I’m like this.
27. Metaphysics sucks.
28. Is it Cause to Effect? Or Effect = Cause? ugh.
29. Listen to really bad indie music.
30. Have band practice.
31. Remember why I love music and laugh hysterically with my mates 🙂
Here is a totally random blog post for your entertainment, Minecrafter, Fey, and D the Lead Girl
I found this on Cyanide and Happiness’s Face Book page:
Then on that feed I found this:
So, I had heard this before but this confirms my suspicions. Guys have a rule that you just cant pee standing next to someone. And the middle urinal is the urinal only to be used if you are the only one in the bathroom. I’ve heard of “Guy code” and “Bro code” but this is far past that. This is the unbreakable rules of the men’s room. THE MEN’S ROOM as in the only room where they get to be men and dick around. I find it very funny they have this rule because in the lady’s room, most social etiquette get’s tossed out the window. But I guess we don’t exactly share the same space when actually peeing, we have our little boxes we sit in to protect us.
Quotes from this feed: (From all men mind you)
“Who uses the middle urinal??” (1,000 + likes)
“Urinal etiquette goes out the window when there’s a lit candle in the middle urinal.” (40 likes)
“Men who use the middle urinal know, that it is the rule of men to leave one space between urinals, so when you use the center urinal, you’re basically saying fuck you I piss alone, since most bathroom urinals have 3 urinals.”
“An asshole like me who’ll make eye contact with you to make you as uncomfortable as possible.”
This is just a bunch of blah blah from the other day… if you feel inclined to bother.
I always remember the little details of things.
1.What song my friend and I listened to the first time we met in subway when they still sold 5 dollar personal pizza’s. It was You’re Gonna Go Far Kid by The Offspring. He thought that when he said “far” he was saying fuck… haha dumb ass can’t read song titles and recognize chorus’.
2.I remember what outfit I wore when I first made out with a guy. My Tripp.co black and white ripped skinny’s and a black Jackson Pollock t-shirt. I was wearing a red bra, and I also had a sweatshirt that was my brothers. The song’s we played: Perfect Weapon by Black Veil Brides, More Than A Feeling by Boston, and some other awful bullshit.
3.I remember the outfit I was wearing when The worst X broke up with me. Vintage pink cashmere poncho with rabbit fur and white fish nets under a white fluffy skirt.
4. The talk Mr. Teacher gave me about hate.
5. Rosa telling me she felt like we were friends in another life and then never speaking to me again. We must have fought in our other life.
6. Calling Sarah, Rosa because I was thinking about how much they hated each other. She was pissed as fuck.
7. Endless mistakes
8. Clashing teeth with the Fucktard.
I like this:
And that’s all.
Here is the plan step by step of a negative or not really meant to be relationship:
- This does not necessarily mean meet someone and instantly ask them to marry you. What I mean is: Propose the idea of the relationship; or otherwise called “asking them out” or “Dating” but I think these words are dumb.
#2. Build it.
- You’ve gone on a date or two, you’ve texted frantically, Facebooked back and forth, maybe even created some inside jokes or two, and now you’re getting to the part where you actually start talking seriously about yourselves. Rough childhood confessions and awkward embarrassing stories galore.
#3. Take a step towards a base of your choice.
- Getting up close and personal on a level that gets you more in the other persons bubble will most likely reveal things about their personality you may or may not like. Maybe he is more of a biter than you prefer, or enjoys some excess distasteful tongue in mouth, or dare I say, takes it farther than you had hoped.
#4. Have a talk
- You’ve dug up the bones dear, now you’re in for hell. You’ve gotten alone, you crossed some lines, you’ve talked seriously and maybe found some touchy subjects or two; now its time to strike while the prey is weak. You might have found that you don’t trust this person as much as you originally thought you did on date #1 when proposing was such sweetness and gaiety.
#5. Receive a special gift.
- Ok you were wrong, you love this person. Completely trust them, and don’t really mind their kissing abilities being very horrifying– I mean different from yours. You’ve taken it to the “next level” or should I say, the challenge to see how good you are at faking you are grossed out. Yup, humans are gross.
#6. Get rejected.
- You thought it had gone well, but evidently your partner had other plans. Maybe it was the “I love you” hurriedly uttered as you left?
- You will not be discouraged this easily! You just shared magical moments with this individual and are not ready to throw away all the hard work.
#8. Keep trying
- They didn’t reply to your texts. Or your emails. Or your Face Book messages or cute cat picture posts, or all the “tell them I wanna see them” to their friends messages. But you still wont be discouraged right? You got some gumption, you can do it.
#9. Give a special gift.
- You had a fling with a friend because you were stressed, oops. You are too scared to tell your ProposedOne since its too horrifying for them to think any lesser of you at this point.
#10. Ever Hopeful.
- Ever…. ok its getting kind of pathetic.
#11. Pray for reciprocation.
- Wouldn’t hurt to try right?
#12. Break down.
- Things have gotten out of control in your mind. You keep texting ProposedOne but he/she is “too busy” to answer. His/her Face Book is vacant and you don’t even want to remember what was typed over skype. It seems that it’s all over, but you can’t help but feel entirely in love with them.
#13. Suck it up.
- You are starting to realize this was probably a bad idea. You are so infatuated you don’t even know how many people you have talked to about this person, and you can’t quite recall why. You just want to bury yourself in a ditch and never be seen again.
#14. You’ve got a big mouth
- Your friends are confused. They can’t quite understand what happened between the magical moments and the “I want to die” stages. You try to explain over and over but it seems like they’ve gotten bored with your whining and are moving on. You should too.
- Trying to move on isn’t exactly the easiest thing as all humans know. You can’t just wake up one day and say: “I am so totally done with you,” and immediately feel like you are a bird in free fall who catches it self right away to swoop into its pretty birds nest with absolute grace. No you feel more like you are in a tornado on flip-book that gets stuck at some point because its pages are a little too bent.
#16. Don’t text them
- AT ALL. FOR A WEEK. ………………..but if he texts you first that’s ok.
- This ignoring them back stuff is really hard. You feel like your inside are imploding because you have gone probably a day without texting, facebooking, or skyping them. The separation anxiety is almost unbearable so you invite friends over to distract yourself.
From last December to now:
1. What it’s like to kiss 14 year olds
2. What its like to walk around on city streets in the dark with people you’ve only met twice.
3. How to bite.
4. The importance of communication
5. How to not give a fuck
6. Blow dryers are helpful to hair, unhelpful to dry skin.
7. The importance of watching movies that are considered “Classics”
8. It’s not all about your grade or how well it was done, its about getting it done way before its due so that its already good.
9. Reading isn’t dumb, its actually better for you than anything else.
10. Tv makes you stupid.
11. You only have so many Jelly Beans.
12. The internet is infinite, and so is human stupidity… but the universe does have an end.
13. Random strangers can be nice people most the time.
14. Never trust old ladies in teen clothing stores
15. Guys and girls aren’t as different from each other as they think they are, they simply express the same ideas and emotions in opposing ways because they strive to be different from one another
16. Girl Gamers are mostly nice, and there are many.
17. Layered nail polish hurts.
18. I am sick of kissing.
19. I fail math tests more than any other exams
20. My SAT score is better than my brother’s.
21. I feel naked without my middle finger ring.
22. This blog keeps me sane.
23. The number of journals I have filled is more than the number of years I have been able to write.
24. PC is something I liked more than I thought I would.
25. I can’t do simple math but give me long algebraic equations, I will eat them up.
26. 1337 5934|< 15 +|=|3 |835+ ❤
27. I know my latin better than google translate
28. I might feel totally alone sometimes while simultaneously feel completely full of life and happiness, but I am just the same as everyone else.
29. I am a lot better at accepting death and sadness than other people
30. My Mother is the most thoughtful person I know.
31. I have never kissed anyone I loved.
32. My x girlfriend is awesome
33. I can’t decide how much is too much .
34. Promises to myself are some of the hardest things to keep.
35. Jesus is better than sex, beer, tacos, and weed.
36. No matter how much I try to avoid, I know its only a matter of time.
37. I only have so many Jelly Bean’s left.
38. I think I’ve spent most of mine wisely.
39. Except those few where I wasted my time on trying to love someone.
40. Forty is a holy number and I like it a lot.
41. Old age is actually a beautiful thing
42. Sadness is temporary.
43. Memories don’t have to be remembered the same way they happened.
44. Going back in time is all about perspective.
45. I think I am a better person in my written/sung words than any where else.
46. Hyperbole is useful, but it can be over used.
47. I am an over user of it.
48. Honesty is always the best policy even if it hurts so much it’s almost unbearable.
49. I am losing my ability to spell check things mentally.
50. This might be the longest list I’ve written on here.
51. Silence is better than wasting air on words that mean nothing.
52. I know that I have to be on top.
53. Contrary to popular belief, I actually am not ______
54. I just want to sing.
55. Five is my favorite number, for no particular reason whatsoever.
56. I don’t like the number 3, it bothers me.
57. Maybe someday I wont have to self medicate with video games to drown my sorrows.
58. I hate when people — especially friends — pity me when I try to share something personal.
59. If you need to cry, go outside. And find a sexy shoulder, then cry on it.
60. Is the age my grand mother got married for the 5th time.
61. Games are everywhere.
62. Hate is undefinable.
63. So is love.
64. Up and down are only relative to your position on the earth and gravity’s pull.
65. I really hate humanity most the time.
66. I pray that a smart person who is sparkling will show up on my door step one day and want to be my friend and love me.
67. I think Plato was right.
68. Ethics are more than morals explained.
69. (hahah) More people make jokes about this number than any other. (rule 34)
70. Christmas is good as long as you get rid of the Scroogy-Grinch in your head.
A common theme in my life is being nauseated by people that disgust me.
My most recent facebook status: ” *Empties breakfast out of stomach onto lit room table*”
Remember last post about that S.W.M.N.B.N. (she who must not be named) and The Queen Bee? yeah that is not going to end for a llong long long long time.
I hate high school, and I dont even go to real high school. I only take 2 classes twice a week. I don’t even want to know what its like to be in school all day. I would die. I would be dead. I would not have survived middle school for goodness sakes.
Anyways. Fey is helping, although I did desperately want to restyle her hair, but I resisted the whole morning and she was beautiful anyways. I also got to dance with her in front of her boyfriend. Very satisfied.
Away from those things..
I read H.O.N.Y. all day now. (Human’s of New York) It’s amazing. Please go find it.
It’s all about this guy Brandon who is a photographer who goes out on the streets and parks of NYC and takes pictures of people while asking them about their story, or “A piece of advice to give to a large group of people”. I love this. It’s very inspiring to me, both as a performing artist and a writer. I also love the “Today in Micro-fashion” pictures, which are posts of small children in the most adorable outfits on the planet, and all very unique.
I wish more people did this day-to-day, all of us would benefit from listening to each other a little more, and truly appreciating the lives we live. It always brings to mind how small things can affect an individuals personality and idea of life. My philosophy has been rapidly changing since I started reading HONY. No regrets.
I am in 2 bands right now and still writing my own music, but my second band still does not have a name or even a lead guitar player… very unsettling…. Any suggestions?
Okay, so this is realllyyyyy realllyyy relevant to my life. My best friend Worry Wart (so named because she is really cautious and diligent) found this for us, and every single one applies.
1. They help you decipher reality through intricately theorized empirical evidence you jointly gather from Facebook and Twitter. Oh, the person you like tweeted that they are tired today? Yeah they’re tired. Of missing you. Not to mention you talk about the same things re: your crush/ex/whatever and somehow it always seems like fresh, original conversation.
2. You (platonically) sleep in the same bed and even cuddle and don’t think anything of it.
3. You give each other all of the really extremely intimate details of your personal lives and nobody cringes or says they don’t want to know about that… you just nod and continue to analyze. And then ask the pressing questions no one else will.
4. They know all of your passwords and you can essentially combine your social media outlets to create power houses for creeping. Just another little perk of having someone who trusts you…
View original post 406 more words