What is this concept of normalcy? I have had such a problem with it. Maybe because I am a homeschooling blonde girl that skipped 8th grade.. (these things making me a cultural minority) with a personality that is captured by only 7% of the America’s. Does this mean I am “ordinary” or is there truly an “ordinary” figure that we all hold in our heads and compare one another to? Who is this “ordinary” person?
I believe there is a cultural figure, for every place, that compasses its “norms”. For example, if you lived in a fishing town, the normal thing for you to do was to become a fisher man, get married have children and then the cycle repeats. No one steps out of line, it is just a continuation of the generation. Where I live there isn’t exactly one career as the example. I mean to say, that it is easier to be excepted by your peers if you are a brunet, with brown eyes, comfortable figure, and just enough confidence to be yourself as much as your peers grant you. Don’t forget, you also must follow trends, such as popular clothing, music, and TV shows that a lot of other girls are watching.
Profile of the “average” girl ages 13-18:
1. 5′ 3″
2. Shops at: American Eagle, Aerie, Forever 21, and Spencer’s.
3. Watches: Pretty little Liars, American Idol, (pick some other one’s cus I got no idea for a third)
4. Wear’s: Uggs boot/slipper thingy’s, North Face coat, and PINK yoga pants. (that was super easy cus I see EVERYONE wearing this. WTF? get some individuality…I don’t hate these companies, sure they are warm slippers, or coats or pants, but 1,000 girls all wearing the same things…..anyone think this is a little… apocalyptic, no?)
…I sense a pattern here.
This is what is condoned in a certain miniature world, one a don’t dwell in. I dwell in the Nerd/Geek world. MEGA dwell there… My peers would except me no matter what I looked like as long a I knew what a Dalek, a Creeper, a Dragonborn, and a Wookie was.
How my peers judge who to chill with:
1. Plays any one or all of these: Minecraft, Halo, Assassin’s Creed, Skyrim, League of Legends, and Call of Duty.
2. Watches any one or all of these: Doctor Who, Star Trek, Star Wars, Star Gate, Battle Star Gallactica, Fire Fly, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, and Sherlock,
3. Has at least one poster of or collectables/t shirt of: Halo gaming(I have 3 posters), Mine craft gaming, Doctor Who screw diver (my friend has one), Star trek t-shirt (my friend has one), Star Wars T-shirt (I have one haha) Buffy costume (have one),
4. knows about or has seen a web series such as: The Guild, Red VS Blue, The Gaming Academy, Tobuscus Animated Adventures
5. Can sing: The Hobbit’s song of home, I can swing my sword by Tobuscus, The Assassin’s Creed Literal Trailer, Hum the Doctor theme, Hum the Buffy Theme, has playlist of Minecraft music, can play the Halo music on the piano.
It’s harder to be a nerd if you write a list like this, but its so easy because it comes naturally. hahaha. I love being a nerd. Forget Cultural norms.
Chuck Norris’s secret trainer
Dan Wells (danisnotonfire)
Paul Dano (AMAZING ACTOR)
Benjamin Stone (AKA ALEK Russian born English raised Demi-god, *cough* God of Hottnessss)
Burnie Burns (CREATOR OF RVB)
Toby Turner (Tobuscus)
Eric (YOU FREAKING NERD)
Native American guy name Ray who was made up by my friend….
I got a lot of paper work to do. Be back in a million life times.
As many of my close friends already know, I have several lists of stuff… especially of existing beings. (i.e. all the living people around me.) I have a list of girls and guys, rating their personality and looks randomly enough…. I believe when that was created it was at 3 in the morning with my best friend, just like my first experience with my little pony, and the brony bunch. That’s another story that could take a while to explain.
Back to what was the reason for this blog, this strange urge to make lists of primarily sexual girly cruelty I have seems to pay off to help me get my thoughts organized, (including my fantasies), I have this list that I broke down of my guy friends, I put down several categories for them. I will use fake names that represent these persons.
Lovers (metaphorical for closer guy friends): Mega Brains-Boob Ogler
My Angelic Buttery Satan
Husbands(metaphorical for men that I may not be close to but are either involved with in a joke or are being I have never met and seen on YouTube or other thing.. etc. few may not exist.)
Sons (metaphorical for those that I would like my future children to posses their traits): The Nice One-SKYPER
Boyfriend(this is not metaphorical): M’Dear
Brothers/AWKWARD (code for: your out of my league.) GothKidNextDoor
The Other X
The Awkward Hair Guy
Blurry(those I wish had more compatible personalities with me): Lovely Man
Enemies: Jerk-face #1. #2. #3. #4. #5. #6 etc.
This list is probably the best thing I have ever constructed out of every list I have made.
hm…. might need to make a list of rating of everything I’ve written…..I should get started on that this summer….